Saturday, November 3, 2012

Architecture seen on our last trip

I wanted to show you some of the Architecture we saw on our recent trip.  I will post pictures of the barns and churches later.



A very interesting looking old home in Decorah, Iowa.


Double dormer on the home of a friend in Wisconsin.


This is our friend's neat home.  The dormer not only has the two windows in front, but also a window on each side!

Replica of a fort in a park at Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin


Brand new farm house in Iowa.  You could get lost in there!


Close up of the cupola on the Courthouse in Bloomfield, IA


 The very ornate Courthouse in Bloomfield, IA


A large farm house


The Pyramid in Memphis, TN.   This was made from the bridge.  I've never been to a concert or anything there, but I suppose it's huge inside.


Ripley's Believe it or Not, Branson, MO


An old Grist Mill at Alley Spring, MO.


This log cabin was at a park at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin.

 
This may have once been a hotel, but a sign at the entrance said it was a Party Place.  You could have quite a large party here!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Betsy Adams said...

Very nice photos, Dorothy... Amazing how much beauty is right here in our own country.

Love that Decorah, Iowa home (first picture).... Did you know when you were there about the EAGLES nesting place there? I watch the eagles nest there every year... I'd love to see that nest sometime.

Hugs,
Betsy

Zaroga said...

I love looking at buildings... and you found some very beautiful, unique ones. I love the house with the big porch.

Maple Lane said...

Good Sunday Morning, Dorothy. I love these grand old Victorian homes especially. I know the views from your friend's dormer with all the windows must be grand. Looks like you had some very nice weather!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Those older homes have so much charm. I like seeing those large homes,but I'm not sure I really want to live in a house that large.

Daisy said...

Dorothy, these pictures are great! You saw some lovely architecture. That farm house in Iowa is HUGE! Wishing you a happy Sunday. :)

Dorothy said...

Thanks for all the comments!

Betsy: Jeep has watched the Decorah Eagles for over a year and it was the high point (after seeing Jackson) of our trip to be under the famous Eagle nest:) Eagle post coming to this location soon!

Loui♥ said...

Dy~
what awesome photos..
of course, I've always been partial to Victorians!
I love riding and looking..
exploring..that's one of the things i miss most about Denver..
the diversity of architecture..
so much to see just in a few short blocks of walking..
warmest hugs..
Loui♥

W. Latane Barton said...

being a fan of architecture I loved your post today. My favorite of course, was the courthouse!

Lynda said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip! I love the first house and thought you couldn't top it but then you had some other great ones. I had never seen a dormer with windows on three sides. I like that a lot.

Marie said...

Gorgeous buildings! I love the courthouse and the grist mill the most! Wonderful shots!