Have you guessed it? I'm now a great-grandmother!!! Sweet little Maggie Leigh arrived from Heaven on May 29th. Here she is 6 weeks old.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Churches

Here are some of the churches we saw on our trip to Jennifer's  (plus two of the churches Jeep will be serving soon).  I didn't get pictures of nearly all the churches that we saw.   There were many churches with spires dotted over the area and we were not in position to get pictures of all of them.



I didn't get the name of this church.


I like these quaint little churches!
 
 


A Catholic Church


This is a Catholic church.  Isn't it beautiful!
 
 
 

This is a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



I think this is a Catholic Church.


These last two churches are two of the three little churches that Jeep will begin serving the first Sunday after Thanksgiving.   The Pastor who was serving these churches became ill and unable to preach anymore.

The District Superintendent asked Jeep if he would do them the favor of serving in place of the regular pastor.  Since Jeep has always felt he was called to preach at small churches, he decided to fill in for them.  We think this will only be until June, when regular appointments are made.

 
These churches are about 65 miles away from us and some of the services are at 9:00 A.M.  We will have to get used to getting up early and getting on the road by 7:30!  He will preach at one of the churches on the 1st and 3rd Sundays and the other two churches on the 2nd and 4th Sundays (one has an early service and the other service is at 11 o'clock).  He will have 5th Sundays off.  On those Sundays we can attend our regular churches here:)  Since Jeep retired right after we married about 5 1/2 years ago, I will have to learn how to be a Pastor's wife!  Any tips?
Happy Sunday!

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Maple Lane said...

Beautiful churches, Dorothy. I love the little white churches the best. A wonderful opportunity for you and Jeep to serve and I know the congregations will be blessed by you both.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Daisy said...

Lovely photos of all the churches, Dorothy. Good luck to Jeep (and to you too) as he fills in as pastor at these churches. I'm sure it will be a blessing for all concerned.

mississippi artist said...

Beautiful churches. I am sure you will do fine as a Pastors wife. Maybe ya'll could go up the day before and spend the night sometimes,espescially when the weather gets bad this winter. It would be a nice little mini get away too.

Betsy Adams said...

Gorgeous churches, Dorothy... We love taking pictures of churches also when we travel. I'm partial to the smaller ones also usually--although the big 'cathedral-like' churches are beautiful.

Congrats, Pastor's Wife!!!! You will do great. Just be your loving self. I'm sure that Jeep will enjoy this appointment.

Hugs,
Betsy

Glenda said...

Beautiful churches! I know that God will bless Jeep's ministry - and you as you serve with him.

Love your gorgeous header!
Happy Thanksgiving!

W. Latane Barton said...

I am sure Jeep will enjoy pastoring these small churches. I enjoy small churches much better than large ones.

Having been a pastor's wife I would say that my tips would be to be understanding of the burden your Jeep will be carrying as he cares for 'the flock'. And, be yourself, the sweet, gentle and giving soul you are already to shine as a light to the younger women in the church. God bless.

Marie said...

Lovely churches! I like the small charming ones too...though the big elaborate ones are always works of art! I'm so happy for Jeep, and I know he is happy about his fill-in appointments, too! This will be a huge blessing for you guys! You're going to make a wonderful "pastor's wife."

George said...

It sounds as if your Sundays are going to be busy for the next few months, but I'm happy Jeep feels called to serve these churches. Your photos of all these churches are wonderful.

Riet said...

What loveky churches. As a matter of fact I love all churches, big ones, small ones, there is always some thing for me I can't explain. I always visit the ones that are open, mostly the Roman Catholic churches.I am sure you will be a wonderful Pastor's wife
Happy Thanksgiving

Just Be Real said...

Some awesome looking churchs Dorothy. Love the old wooden ones without a/c or heat. Blessings.

Jedidja said...

Amazing pics. I love your blog and I think I am your newest follower.

http://showmeastorie.blogspot.nl/