Tuesday, November 27, 2012

May God Bless and Guide You!

I think I've mentioned it here before, but Jeep started this past Sunday preaching at the United Methodist Churches on the McAdams Charge, Starkville (MS) District.  This includes McAdams UMC, Bethel UMC, and Salem UMC.  We look forward to serving these small churches.


This is my hubby, Jeep, as we started to Sunday school and church one day.  (Yes ladies, he still opens the car door for me!  It's one of the old fashioned curtesies that seems to be going by the wayside :(


This coming Sunday will be the first time Jeep will preach at McAdams United Methodist Church.

Above, he is filling in at Eupora First United Methodist Church in the absence of the Pastor.

Entertaining a group at Winona, MS

After a marriage ceremony at Lebanon UMC

Teaching our Wesley Bible Class at Eupora First United Methodist Church
 
 Please remember us in your prayers. We need strength, wisdom, courage and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  I think Jeep will do a great job, and I'm excited to support him in any way I am able.  (Upon asking a pastor's wife for advice, she said, "Smile a lot and keep your mouth shut :)

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Best of luck to Jeep in his new positions. Best of luck to you too as a pastor's wife, Dorothy. I'm sure you both will do a fine job!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Praying that God will use you both and also send rich blessings your way as you serve Him.

Betsy Adams said...

I'm so excited for Jeep --and YOU... Great photos of him --and I love the one of the two of you...

My hubby still opens the door for me also... LOVE it.

Prayers for you both.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jedidja said...

Blessings for you both!

Psalm 121

George said...

I know both of you will do a great job at these churches. It sounds as if the pastor's wife gave some great advice that we could all use. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Marie said...

How proud you must be of Jeep! He looks perfectly comfortable performing all his pastor duties. May God bless you both and guide you with His wisdom and Loving Care during this time. I know it will be an enormous blessing for you both!

mississippi artist said...

I am sure Jeep will do a fine job , as will you as his helper. I like to see a man open a car door-my husband always has. I read somewhere to choose a man that not only opens doors for you, but opens his Bible too.I think that a man that does these two things makes a fine husband.

Mary said...

These churches will be fortunate to have both of you! Blessings to you both.