Have you guessed it? I'm now a great-grandmother!!! Sweet little Maggie Leigh arrived from Heaven on May 29th. Here she is 6 weeks old.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beautiful Quilt

About 19 cousins and kin enjoyed a meal, fellowship and a dash of music at my cousin Sue's house last night.  

This beautiful quilt was started by her mother-in-law and when she became too ill to continue, Sue finished embroidering the squares and quilted it using a hoop.

In the close-up picture maybe you can see the tiny quilting stitches.  The stitches were marked off with little blue dots.  It's a really beautiful quilt!


Seeing this almost makes me want to make a quilt!

8 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Dorothy, Oh the baby photos in your header are darling! Hope mommy and baby are doing well.

This quilt is lovely. The colors are so striking and of course, I love the butterflies!

Hope you have a very nice week.

Coloradolady said...

It is beyond beautiful...and that is a lot of work!! Lots of hours and labor went into that stunner! Thanks for showing it off!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That is gorgeous!

Betsy Adams said...

Wow---what a beautiful quilt... I love quilts --but will never be a quilter.... I'll just enjoy what others can make!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy
Grandbaby photos are awesome.

Mary said...

Gorgeous! That is a lot of work.

Marie said...

That baby is so SWEET! I know how proud you must be! And the quilt is gorgeous! Wow! I am impressed! Lots of amazing embroidery work. It will be treasured for always, I know.

Check out my quilt blog when you get a chance and see the baby quilt I just finished for a friend's grandbaby. Hope you are doing well!

David C Brown said...

Congratulations - another generation to pray for!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Oh, Dorothy, I love the bright, beautiful quilt. The butterflies and flowers are so pretty. I also love the baby photos.
I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July.