Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just another Cactus

While my Cactus is blooming, I wanted to share a couple more pictures with you. This one is in the utility room and it has a section that has white blooms. They have already bloomed and dropped off. As I got cuttings from other people, I just stuck them down in this same pot, hence the mixed colors.



One more view.... I was hoping that they would be in full bloom on Thanksgiving Day so our guests could see them, but looks like they may be done by then. Click on the pictures for a larger view.

14 comments:

Leedra said...

It seems mine never bloom at the exact time I want them to. Gave one to one of my sister-in-laws. Hers bloomed in the spring. We call hers the Easter Cactus.

Anonymous said...

How bright and beautiful! You are enjoying a spectacular show of color. I'm sure your Thanksgiving guests will be sorry they missed the show but that's the beauty of a daily photo journal with blogging!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, what's the cacturs that blooms similar to that in the early summer? That's the okind I kill.

Susie said...

That cactus is just gorgeous! You'll just have to show your guests the pics. My Christmas cactus is sick this year. It has always put on a show but I think he needs to be put in the hospital for a while. But the way he looks, the trash can may be more accommodating. hehe

Dorothy said...

Leedra, I have a small, Red Cactus that my sister said bloomed in the summer, but mine has a couple of blooms on it now.

Mildred, Thanks! I guess I'll just invite my guests to look at my pictures on the computer if the blooms are all gone.

Darla, Thanks! I dont't know of a different kind, but sometimes these bloom again in the Spring after I put them out on the veranda. Just don't water them too much. Let them get pot-bound, they like that.

Devoted said...

Beautiful! My husband and I have a green house in our back yard. He is a plants and produce broker and this past season we sold everything! We are down to just the ivy that grows rampant! We will begin again to get things ready for sale in late January. This year...I am claiming some for my own. :-) Have a wonderful week!

Jen said...

Hi Dorothy
You have a green thumb! I've never been successful with indoor plants.

Dorothy said...

Theresa,
I guess it's fun to have a greenhouse if you like flowers! Glad you got to sell everything!

Darla,
Anyone who can grow flowers outside like you do, can grow a potted plant for sure!

Connie said...

Such a magnificent shade of pink! Love it. :D

A Colorful World said...

More lovely cactis pictures! I do hope it's blooming for your Thanksgiving Day!
Marie

Dorothy said...

Daisy,
Thanks for your comment. Yes, it is a beautiful, hot pink color, leaning towards magenta.

Marie,
They are still blooming and I imagine they will still be in bloom for Thanksgiving.

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my, these are gorgeous. So healthy looking. Great photos.

Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

Dorothy, what a beautiful Cactus, I love the color..wish I had luck with them inside like that...the only one that does well here is the one outside :o)...I use the "Prickly Pear" from it to dye the wool I spin.....Ginny

Dorothy said...

Denise,
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment. There were beautiful but bloomed about a week before Thanksgiving.

Ginny,
These two Cacti are a bright hot pink color, leaning toward magenta. I've had the one I inherited from my mother-in-law for about 10 years and she had it a long time before that. It has never been re-potted as they like to be pot-bound.
You are so talented to be spinning, dying, and making things on the loom!!! I should have learned to do this from my grandmother.