Sunday, July 25, 2010

Summertime......

***
And the Livin' is Easy.......



On a recent short trip to Tennessee, we stopped by Meriwether Lewis National Memorial.  Making a loop around the park, we stopped and I walked down to a little stream.  This family was either picnicing or camping and enjoying the cold mountain stream.



The water was very shallow and probably very cold, although I didn't check to see.



 When I was a kid, I would have liked to play in a place like this.



After a while, I began to see some little fish and tried to photograph them.


Many of these small, red finned fish darted about in the crystal clear shallow water.


The children playing in the water were not aware of it, but they were making memories for a lifetime!
*
Today I'm thankful for clean parks where people can enjoy camping and picnicing.
*
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty place Dorothy. I can't believe how clear the water is! I have childhood memories of playing under a tent of trees in a cool creek too. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh wow,this looks like such a lovely place to play or just sit and relax.Thanks for sharing these moments.
Blessings,Ruth

Catsngrams said...

What a beautiful place to relax and take in nature.

Jacquie said...

I like your last sentence... some of my favorite memories are of family vacations at places like that!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful place, Dorothy.... I love little creeks in the woods like that.... You captured some beautiful pictures.... I would have wanted to WADE in that water --especially on a day like today!!!!

We took a ride today --and I even hiked a little (first in awhile)... I did fine---but GADS--was it hot!!!!!

Thanks for sharing such beauty.
Hugs,
Betsy

Darla said...

Such a beautiful place...and yes the memories the children are making...nice!

Connie said...

I would have liked to play in a place like that as a kid too, Dorothy. I'd probably play in it as an adult too if I were there. :D Great pictures! Looks like a wonderful place to visit.