Friday, September 14, 2012

Still Humming along......

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love and Peace,
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dorothy, These are so good. I love being able to see the hummer's beautiful and delicate details. Have a nice day.

Sherri B. said...

Those are spectacular shots of Mr. Hummer..my favorite one is where it looks like he is looking over his shoulder..how sweet.

Have a great weekend! xo

Latane Barton said...

We are seeing a few late hummers in our area, Dorothy. Those little guys better get full of good nectar so they can fit south.

Zaroga said...

Just beautiful pictures, Dorothy. Next year I'm planting some zinnias. I posted a picture of a hummingbird today, but it is nothing compared to your photos. I need more practice.

Dorothy said...

Many thanks for your comments! I'm going to miss these little jewels! Just a couple of weeks and they will be leaving here!

Doris said...

Just amazing...and beautiful!

Connie said...

Wow, these photos are all fantastic, Dorothy! I especially love that first one. You really captured every detail. Have a nice weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. I love each visit here.Thanks for sharing these.

Lynda said...

Excellent detail shots of that beautiful bird! I think God created those hummingbirds just for you!

sweetbay said...

Great pictures-- my favorites are the first one and the one with the hummingbird hovering in front of the zinnias. Beautiful!

A Colorful World said...

You are the hummingbird photography queen! These are wonderful! I especially love the first shot, captured in mid-flight. That is SOOO hard to do! They are such sweeties....I keep trying to get better pictures of the few I have.

By the way, have you ever heard of bats eating nectar from hummingbird feeders? Something is emptying my feeders overnight in just two nights, and leaving my hummers confused about why the feeder is empty again. It can't be birds, since they sleep at night, and recently I found a dead bat laying outside my sliding glass door. I was shocked. Since they have sonar, I didn't think they could fly into a glass door! I just don't know what's going on out there while I'm asleep!

reba said...

Dorothy...what kind of camera and lens do you use,please. I enjoy your pictures and blog so much. Blessings...reba